What is the National Center for Medical Home Implementation?
National Center for Medical Home Implementation (National Center) is a
cooperative agreement between the Maternal and Child Health Bureau
(MCHB) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
goal of the National Center is to ensure that all children and youth,
including children with special needs, have a medical home where health
care services are:
- Culturally Competent
View the National Center overview Web page to find out more about National Center leadership, resources, and technical assistance services.
Who does the National Center for Medical Home Implementation serve?
The National Center serves a wide audience consisting of the following:
- Pediatric clinicians and health professionals
- Pediatric practice staff and administrators
- Education professionals
- State Title V programs (directors and staff)
- Maternal and child health related agencies and foundations
- Public health professionals
- Public policy professionals
- Federal and state grantees
- Family members and advocates
- Communities and community members
- Children and youth
What services does the National Center for Medical Home Implementation provide?
- General Technical Assistance:
The National Center provides response(s) to technical assistance
requests received via online interest forms, emails, and phone calls.
- In-Person or Virtual Technical Assistance Presentations: The National Center conducts informational presentations about resources and tools available through the Center.
Find out more information about National Center technical assistance.
What type of technical assistance does the National Center for Medical Home Implementation provide?
assistance provided by the National Center ensures that pediatric
medical home stakeholders have the information, support, resources, and
tools they need to understand and implement the medical home model of
care. Specific technical assistance requests received by the National
Center include the following:
- General background about the medical home model of care
- Information and assistance with starting the medical home implementation process
and resources related to specific components of the medical home (e.g.,
family-centered care, care coordination, cultural competency).
- Information about medical home recognition and accreditation programs
- Assistance with planning of regional, state, hospital, or other medical home conferences or meetings
- Connecting a practice or clinician with others who have undergone the medical home transformation process
- State-specific family-centered medical home programs and initiatives
Find out more information about National Center technical assistance and support.